Try this delicious recipe thanks to our good friends at BAKERS DELIGHT!
2 Bakers Delight Cheesymite scrolls, sliced into 1cm thick slices
2 tbsp light flavoured olive oil
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely diced
1 x 400g can tomatoes
100g chipotle chillies in abode sauce, roughly chopped (see note)
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp lime juice
Salt, to season
2 avocados, cut into slices
2 tsp lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1 cup coriander leaves, washed
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Salt flakes, to season
Black pepper, to season
- Place non-stick frypan over medium heat, add olive oil, when hot add onion and garlic, sautÃ© for five minutes. Add tomatoes, chipotle chillies and maple syrup, mix well then bring to simmering point then reduce to low and cook for about 20 minutes, until sauce becomes thick stirring occasionally. To finish sauce add lime juice and salt to taste. It should be a nice balance of hot, sour and slightly sweet. Blitz in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Wipe clean frypan and add in one tablespoon olive oil, when hot, add in a few of the Cheesymite scroll slices and fry on each side for a minute or so until light golden and crispy, be careful not to burn. Place on absorbent paper towel and set aside. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan and fry eggs sunny side up until cooked through to your liking. Drizzle lime juice over avocado slices.
- Top crispy Cheesymite scroll with a dollop of spicy sauce, fried egg, slices of avocado and garnish with lime zest, coriander leaves and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Tips: This recipe works well with fresh or day old / stale Cheesymite scrolls
- You can buy canned chipotle chillies in abode sauce in good delicatessens and supermarkets. If you can not source chipotle chillies, you could replace with two teaspoons smoked paprika.
To see the full recipe visit their website here.